[systemd-devel] WantedBy=default.target

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 15:46:46 UTC 2019

Am Do., 7. März 2019 um 15:47 Uhr schrieb Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl>:

> On Thu, Mar 07, 2019 at 11:31:18AM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > Am Do., 7. März 2019 um 11:24 Uhr schrieb Lennart Poettering
> > <lennart at poettering.net>:

> > > Usually doing this for system services is wrong, but there are
> > > exceptions.
> >
> > [..]
> >
> > > It might make sense to extend "systemd-analyze" in some form to warn
> > > about this, maybe file an RFE bug about that?
> >
> > I was considering filing a lintian bug, which would check debian
> > packages automatically for this.
> > Do we have documentation for this where I could point the lintian maintainer at?
>
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.special.html#multi-user.target

I was looking for something which documents that default.target should
not be used in general for starting your service.
I.e. when it is ok to hook up your service in default.target and when
you should use multi-user.target or graphical.target.
Basically what Lennart explain above

Regards,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?