[systemd-devel] Standalone libsystemd

William Kennington william at wkennington.com
Fri Mar 22 06:14:18 UTC 2019

This would be amazing for us, since we basically do this already on our
system to work around the issue of circular dependencies on libsystemd and
libudev for systemd dependencies. I currently just patch the meson.build to
remove everything we don’t need for the library build.

https://github.com/wkennington/nixpkgs/blob/systemd-new/pkgs/all-pkgs/s/systemd/lib.nix

I can’t highlight a line, but you can see my workaround for this patching
the build. It’s not perfect, but it is close enough and only actually
installs what we need. Im sure you could patch by hand and do a better job.