[systemd-devel] Explain status "Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)"

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu May 9 10:25:12 UTC 2019

Hi!

I'm developing a service and getting the status of my target gives:
● iotwatch.target
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: active since Thu 2019-05-09 12:00:56 CEST; 18min ago

I guess it's not a file named "Reason" that's missing. Despite of my
recommendation to create helpful error messages, can you explain what it means?
Even after an strace I could not find out what is missing.

Regards,
Ulrich