[systemd-devel] Antw: Re: Re: "bad" status for genersated target; why?

Jérémy ROSEN jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
Wed May 15 09:29:13 UTC 2019

well, in another thread, it was discussed why generated should never have
an install section and why enablement does not make sense for them...
so no it's not a bug.

Arguably, yes, generators do need to care about symlinks, though, maybe the
could call "systemctl add-wants --transient" to do the job,
but at that point, that's more pedantic than practical. If you write a
generator, your systemd-fu should be high enough to know and
understand systemd's symlink mechanisms...

Le mer. 15 mai 2019 à 11:25, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 12:17 PM Lennart Poettering
> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > To me it's the most horrible part of systemd: Messing with
> > > symlinks...
> >
> > You should never need to. For all relevant operations there are
> > "systemctl" verbs, i.e. "systemctl enable", "systemctl disable",
> > "systemctl add-wants" and so on.
> >

> So the following is a bug?
>
> localhost:~ # systemctl enable usr-local.mount
> Failed to enable unit: Unit /run/systemd/generator/usr-local.mount is
> transient or generated.
> localhost:~ # exit

[image: SMILE]  <http://www.smile.eu/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine
*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique

[image: email] jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
[image: phone]  +33 6 88 25 87 42
[image: url] http://www.smile.eu

[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> [image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> [image: Github]
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

[image: Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu]
<https://www.smile.eu/fr/publications/livres-blancs/yocto?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>