[systemd-devel] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Re: "bad" status for genersated target; why?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed May 15 12:15:25 UTC 2019

Am 15.05.19 um 13:12 schrieb Ulrich Windl:
>> Well, there can always be more examples, but "generators" are
>> inherently an advanced concept: if you are writing a generator, then
>> you already should be pro enough to be able to consult the sources of
>> the various generators shipped with systemd.
>>
>> i.e. it's not a beginners topic, it's a very low-level, technicallly
>> advanced one.
>
> But you can assume that someone reading the manual page about generators wants
> to ...well... read about generators.
> Otherwise you could shorten the manual page to "Go away! You are not supposed
> to read this."

don't get me wrong but as you are a beginner to systemd stuff why don't
you just start with ordinary unit files in /etc/systemd/system as
erevrybody else does so you can get warm with systemd, systemctl and so on?

i use systemd now for 7 years on all sort of setups from firewalls over
workstations to production servers and wrote a ton of systemd units and
targs but never had any need to even consider generators at all