[systemd-devel] Stop systemd timer upon success script and restart the next day

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Wed May 15 20:21:29 UTC 2019

I have a systemd timer that starts a service, and the service executes
a script that downloads data files once a day. Once the data files are
retrieved I don't need the timer for the remainder of the day.
However, I need the time again the next day.

Here are the two docs I found on scheduling a timer, but I was not
able to parse out the info I needed.
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.timer.html
and https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.time.html
.

How do I specify a timer that starts 6:00 AM every morning, fires once
an hour, and then stops for the day upon success of the download?