[systemd-devel] Does "systemctl daemon-reload" discard service information?

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Mon May 20 17:07:42 UTC 2019

20.05.2019 16:36, Ulrich Windl пишет:
> Hi!
>
> I have had the effect that a "systectl status" before and after a
> "daemon-reload" is different, while the service in question wasn't restarted:

...>
> Is that intentional?

daemon-reload is known to lose state for years. Some problems get fixed,
new problems appear. Problems range from cosmetic to losing state of
units and jobs causing callers of systemd to "hang" waiting for job
completion. Unfortunately daemon-reload is often the only answer to
other reported problems (like in "systemd does not see fstab changes?
Run daemon-reload, where is the problem").