[systemd-devel] perform fsck on everyt boot

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 06:58:25 UTC 2019

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 7:25 AM Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 3:52 AM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 4:47 PM Lennart Poettering
> > <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Mo, 11.11.19 13:33, Belisko Marek (marek.belisko at gmail.com) wrote:
> > > 65;5802;1c

> > > Well, note that ext4's fsck only does an actual file system check
> > > every now and then. Hence: how did you determine fsck wasn't started?
> > >
> > > Do you see the relevant fsck in "systemctl -t service | grep
> > > systemd-fsck@"?
> > I just saw in log:
> > [  OK  ] Found device /dev/mmcblk1p1.
> >         Mounting /mnt/sdcard...
> > [    8.339072] EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p1): VFS: Found ext4 filesystem with
> > invalid superblock checksum.  Run e2fsck?
> > [FAILED] Failed to mount /mnt/sdcard.
>
> This isn't normal. Your effort should be on finding out why this
> problem is happening in the first place. This doesn't strike me as the
> (somewhat) ordinary case of unclean unmount, which results in journal
> replay at next mount attempt. But something considerably more serious.
Problem is it's very hard to reproduce and this is not rootfs just
external SDcard for storing some data.
If I hit this system goes to emergency mode and device is dead and I
would like to prevent that in first place.
IMO fsck should help to recover this issue and should continue without
issues. Thanks.

> --
> Chris Murphy

BR,