[systemd-devel] Antw: Re: Unexpected behaviour not noticed by systemctl command

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Oct 10 08:46:20 UTC 2019

Andy Pieters wrote on 08/10/2019 11:41:
> forget about the stop.  that was the context into which I discovered it.
>
> I am not saying stop should disable I am saying stop should not accept
> now and silently ignore it

FWIW I'd tend to agree with you.

[colin at jimmy Channel (master)]$ sudo systemctl stop --fodslkjsf httpd

systemctl: unrecognized option '--fodslkjsf'

[colin at jimmy Channel (master)]$ sudo systemctl stop --now httpd

[colin at jimmy Channel (master)]$

If --now is irrelevant to the verb, then it should be the equiv of an
unrecognized option.

Bonus points if it issued a git-style "did you mean systemctl disable
--now ..." error response.

Col
--

Colin Guthrie