[systemd-devel] Unit dependencies for socket activated services

Marc Haber mh+systemd-devel at zugschlus.de
Sun Oct 13 14:07:47 UTC 2019

Hallo,

when I want a normal service to be started only after the networks is
ready, I put

|[Unit]
|After=network-online.target
|Wants=network-online.target

into the service unit.

Now I have a socket activated service which I know won't properly start
(but claim readiness) if started before the network is ready.

Would I put those two lines into foo.service or foo.socket?

Grüße
Marc