[systemd-devel] systemd put it uinder a custom slice

Bhasker C V bhasker at unixindia.com
Wed Oct 30 11:08:43 UTC 2019

Hi all,

 I have been googl-ing for a few days now but could not stumble upon a
solution I am looking for.

Apologies if this is a noob question.

Is there a way to use custom slices with my systemd-nspawn container ?

I see that systemd-nspawn man page says using --slice= but any such
cgroup created is not accepted by this option (I dont know how to create
a slice externally from systemd unit-files)

$ sudo cgcreate  -g freezer,memory:/test

$ sudo systemd-nspawn -jbD ./a --slice=/test

Spawning container a on /tmp/a.

Press ^] three times within 1s to kill container.

Failed to register machine: Invalid unit name '/test'

If I run it without the --slice= option I see that the memory of a
process inside the container runs under /system.slice and is not
associated with a freezer controller.

OR in short I am not getting a clue on how to create cgroup slices
separately and use it in systemd-nspawn (without using unit files)

Please could someone help ?

Thanks

--
Bhasker C V