[systemd-devel] rootnfs + rootovl (diskless client shutdown problem)

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Oct 31 17:34:15 UTC 2019

On Mo, 28.10.19 09:47, Matteo Guglielmi (Matteo.Guglielmi at dalco.ch) wrote:

> almost 20% of the time I get a kernel panic error
> due to a bunch of missing libraries.

A kernel panic? because of "missing libraries"? that doesn't sound
right. The kernel doesn't need "libraries".

iirc it's totally fine to unmount the backing fs after you mounted the
overlayfs, the file systems remain pinned in the background by the overlayfs.

> How can I instruct systemd to avoid unmounting
>
> /live/image (or postpone it to a later moment)?

You can extend the .mount unit file for /live/image and add an
explicit dep: i.e. create
/etc/systemd/system/live-image.mount.d/50-my-drop-in.conf, then add:

   [Unit]
   After=some-other.mount

You get the idea...

Lennart Poettering, Berlin