[systemd-devel] Bad accelerometer values cause incorrect screen rotation

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Fri Sep 6 07:21:15 UTC 2019

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 9:00 PM Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
> Daniel, if you run into many more problems, there's also the
> possibility of adding a boot argument to disable the accelerometer (or
> maybe its effects?), either in iio-sensor-proxy or gnome-shell.

Thanks for the suggestion, manually adding something through the
bootloader menu may indeed be a bit more practical than the laptop
acrobatics workaround.
For cases where we know which driver is used this can probably already
be done, by adding a modprobe.blacklist= boot arg.

I appreciate the quick action on the HP laptop case. Let's see how
much that reduces the problem occurance rate. Thanks!

Daniel