[systemd-devel] Watchdog problem

Chuck Wolber chuckwolber at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 17:25:58 UTC 2019

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 10:17 Mikael Djurfeldt <mikael at djurfeldt.com> wrote:

> In any case, you can get rid of the watchdog altogether with an override.
>> Granted, you will not detect logind hangs, but that is probably not a huge
>> concern for your particular use case if you want to stay logged in all the
>> time.
>>

> I think this sounds like what I want. How do I do this?

I do not have your system up to be precise, but the simplest way is to
create an override copy of the whole unit file. This means you miss out on
changes to the unit made in upstream updates, but that is on you.

You would usually find the unit file by looking for the first comment line
from the command - systemctl cat logind.service (or whatever the unit is
named). Then copy that file to /etc/systemd/system and make all the edits
you want.

Then reload systemd (systemctl daemon-reload) to make it aware of the
changes.

..Ch:W..

> --
“I would challenge anyone here to think of a question upon which we once
had a scientific answer, however inadequate, but for which now the best
answer is a religious one."  -Sam Harris