[systemd-devel] systemd - nspawn ; systemd-networkd ; containers

Douglas E. Hopley Jr. hopley at f6systems.com
Sat Sep 28 16:03:34 UTC 2019

 I get the error when, on the host, I am creating the container.

  To this point, I have found my setups work needing systemd-networkd on
both the host and container.

  The distro for the container I am working to set up is 'Fedora 30 '.
That is also
the host distro too.  Seems I have something wrong on my side.

 Thanks for your help/time.  What else can I provide that will aid in
isolating this?

 I have running CentOS 7 and Fedora 29 hosts that have a mix of fedora and
centos containers
running with their own unique IPs and the goal ==> migrate to Fedora30 and
CentOS8

//From notes I have captured for my setup:
//must run systemd-networkd
 systemd-networkd is a system daemon that manages network configurations.
  It detects and configures network devices as they appear; it can also
  create virtual network devices. This service can be especially useful
  to set up complex network configurations for a container managed by
  systemd-nspawn or for virtual machines. It also works fine on simple
connections.

Douglas E. Hopley Jr.
 email = hopley at ipcloud.net
 url = ipcloud.net