[systemd-devel] Trying to set a boot splash screen using objcopy

io mintz io at mintz.cc
Sat Apr 4 10:30:11 UTC 2020

Hi! I'm on arch using systemd-boot 242.84-2-arch. I'm using this command
to set my boot splash:

sudo objcopy --update-section
.splash=/usr/share/systemd/bootctl/splash-arch.bmp --change-section-vma
.splash=0x40000 /boot/EFI/systemd/systemd-bootx64.efi{,}

A dump using objdump confirms that it's been set. However, I still don't
see a splash screen. Am I doing something wrong?

I confirmed with another boot loader that custom boot images work on my
system.