[systemd-devel] Portable service binding a system port

François francois+systemd at kubler.org
Wed Apr 8 10:00:09 UTC 2020

Hi,

Lennart, thanks a lot for your time and answer.

> Le 31 mars 2020 à 15:19, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> a écrit :
>
> Ideally unbound would support socket activation, so that PID 1 can
> bind the socket and pass it in pre-bound.

Noted. I’ll give this a try as an exercise and see how it goes :)

> PrivateUsers=yes means userns, and only processes that have
> CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE in the host user ns can bind on ports <
> 1024. PrivateUsers= user namespace do not have that, and hence cannot
> bind the port on the host.

Is this documented somewhere ?
Am I missing something obvious here ? :D

> Portable service profiles are best combined with socket activation to
> limit the privileged surface…

Mmh. Maybe systemd-nspawn would better suit my needs then. I’ll have a look at it again.

Anyway, thanks again for your help, explanations and advices.

--
François