[systemd-devel] Fwd: systemd for petitboot as linux payload (x230)

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Apr 20 10:09:59 UTC 2020

On Mo, 20.04.20 12:00, Paul Menzel (pmenzel+systemd-devel at molgen.mpg.de) wrote:

> Dear systemd folks,
>

> Am 20.04.20 um 11:47 schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> > On Mo, 20.04.20 10:52, Robin C (amisbievre at posteo.net) wrote:
> >

> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I'm curruntly trying to build petitboot for my lenovo x230 (actualy runs
> > > coreboot + tianocore).
> > >
> > > I use this tutorial to build it:
> > > https://www.raptorengineering.com/content/kb/1.html
> > >
> > > I think it is not up to date, can anyone confirme or not? I'm stuck on the
> > > first part, buildind systemd... I have this errors:
> > >
> > > In file included from ../src/basic/errno-list.c:31:0:
> > > ./src/basic/errno-from-name.h:143:1: error: conflicting types for ‘lookup_errno’
> > >   lookup_errno (register const char *str, register size_t len)
> > >   ^~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > ../src/basic/errno-list.c:27:33: note: previous declaration of ‘lookup_errno’ was here
> > >   static const struct errno_name* lookup_errno(register const char *str,
> > >                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > gperf changed its output some time back. You need to have a newer
> > gperf (or if you build an older version of systemd, an older one) to
> > build systemd.
>
> Maybe the configure script can check the version. I created an issue [1].

So, I missed that the original reporter was using "make" to
build. Which indicates he has an archaic version of systemd he wants
to build. We cannot retroactively update those.

As it turns out since a long time, more current versions already have
a meson check for this, and use the right type depending on the gperf
version you are using.

Hence, there's nothing left to fix, upstream already auto-detects
everything, just upgrade your systemd tree. (or downgrade your build
chain…)

Lennart Poettering, Berlin