[systemd-devel] systemd-python at pypi

Anders Buch asbuch.comp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 01:35:52 UTC 2020

Hello,

Are there any plans to update the pypi version of python-sytemd here:
https://pypi.org/project/systemd-python/

The following results in errors on Ubuntu 18.04 with latest python3.8
packages installed (as well as libsystemd-dev and python3-systemd):

python3.8 -m venv systemd_test
. systemd_test/bin/activate
pip install systemd-python

The error is:

systemd/_journal.c:21:10: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory
#include <Python.h>

I can provide more output, but I expect this is easy to reproduce.

This issue means that I can only use python-systemd with the system version
of Python (which is 3.6, so doesn't support many asyncio features).

Thanks in advance for any comments!
Anders