[systemd-devel] How does KillSignal interact with TimeoutStopSec in systemd?

Debraj Manna subharaj.manna at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 05:43:51 UTC 2020

Can someone let me know the following about systemd service shutdown
sequence

   1.

   If I have specified KillSignal=SIGTERM then how does this interact this
   TimeoutStopSec ? Does this mean that during shutdown of service, first
   SIGTERM will be sent and if the service is still running after
   TimeoutStopSec SIGKILL will be sent (if SendSIGKILL is set to yes? I am
   asking about the case where nothing is specified in ExecStop.
   2.

   Does TimeoutStopSec take into account ExecStop and all ExecPostStop?