[systemd-devel] [question] is it possible with systemd-journalctl to change the location to save logs in other location?

ionut n ionut_n2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 16 16:35:48 UTC 2020

Hi SystemD Team,

One question.

Is it possible with systemd-journalctl to change the location to save logs in other location?

My system is volatile (tmpfs) and I have another location available to keep certain logs.

   - /dev/root or / is tmpfs
   - /external-persistent0 is ext4 or xfs

I would like to save the logs here:
/external-persistent0/journal

Is it possible to do this?
In the current documentation for journalctl I have not seen anything about this.
Thank you and have a good day to the whole team.