[systemd-devel] service kills application differently on shutdown vs on stop

John graysky at archlinux.us
Mon Dec 14 16:22:19 UTC 2020

Thank you for the reply, Colin.  I found that to be the case[1].  I
think everything is working as expected now.  I still have quirks with
the kodi-x11.service since it has to call xinit as well as the kodi
binary but I do not know of a cleaner way to do it unless there is a
multiple unit solution to be had (one for xserver and another for
kodi).

1. https://github.com/graysky2/kodi-standalone-service/commit/909f274d6eaf011add6326b28b42fecb9123c7df