[systemd-devel] Mount options for ESP, LUKS and rootfs in automatic partition discovery and mounting

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Dec 19 12:40:36 UTC 2020

On Sa, 28.11.20 01:26, Bastien Traverse (neitsab at esrevart.net) wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Is it possible to specify mount options for ESP, root and LUKS devices when
> using automatic partition discovery and mounting with no fstab?

There's not, currently.

THere's an RFE issue open asking to support rootflags= on the kernel
cmdline for the automatically discovered rootfs (that's the option the
kernel uses on traditional rootfs mounting). I think that definitely
makes sense, it just needs someone to implement things.

I figure in the long run systemd-gpt-auto-generator probably needs
some minimal config file where you can configure these
options. Alternatively, maybe initially adding kernel cmdline params
for each type of mount would suffice (i.e. building on the rootflags=
idea, for the other file systems). Please file an RFE bug about this
on github if that'd would work for you. (or even better, hack it up,
provide a patch).

Lennart Poettering, Berlin