[systemd-devel] systemd 244 version Execstop issue

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Dec 21 15:27:17 UTC 2020

On Do, 17.12.20 12:27, gowtham b (gowtham.gowtham.b at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> hope you are doing good
> Facing issue in systemd 244 version Execstop is not executing while process
> crashing. Did additional testing if we restart the process via systemd
> "systemctl restart tr069pa" command Execstop is running properly seeing the
> restart log in the redirected file. The same service file was used in
> systemd 216 version not facing any issue in process crashing time Execstop
> was executed properly. could please let me know if we have any known
> issues.

Have you read the docs about ExecStop=?

Note that ExecStop= is only run once the service managed to complete
initializatio at least once, i.e. ExecStart= complete fully so that
the service is up.

Maybe turn on debug logging (with "systemd-analyze log-level debug")
to get a closer look at what is happening.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin