[systemd-devel] systemd-makefs with very slight data corruption ?

Xogium contact at xogium.me
Wed Feb 12 18:19:33 UTC 2020

Hi,
I am wondering about how to best implement a mechanism to recreate a specific
filesystem in case of the slightest data corruption done to it. From what I read
in systemd-makefs manpage, the tool will not trigger if it can detect that a
filesystem is already present. However I'm thinking that in some case, the data
can get corrupted, yet the filesystem still is reported as ext4 to makefs.
Perhaps I understood wrong, in which case, could I somehow order systemd-makefs
to be ran only if either systemd-fsck fails, or if mounting fails ? This
filesystem can easily get corrupted due to power loss, and isn't important for
the entire system to work, however it would be nicer if this could be detected
and delt with accordingly.
Thanks !