[systemd-devel] Service fails to start with no log messages

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jan 7 02:13:19 UTC 2020

Am 07.01.20 um 03:06 schrieb Jeffrey Walton:
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 9:03 PM Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> To fix my ordering problem I need Systemd to stop lying about when the
>>> network is ready.
>>
>> it don't - you most likely did something wrong by the ordering afetr
>> networking and you even don't tell how your networking is configured
>> (network.service, networkmanager, systemd-networkd...)
>>
>> in other words: instead fix your network-ordering properly you touch
>> other random stuff in weird ways and it's annyoing that one needs to ask
>> for each and every bit given your initial posting was a completly joke
>> with no single information and the whole topic "Service fails to start
>> with no log messages" is wrong at all
>
> I think that was a very good summary of the problem.
>
> I want my monitor service to start (it is the most important one), but
> there are absolutely no traces of it.

there are, it's orderred after graphical.traget which has a dependency cycle

> The joke is Systemd and its inability to provide basic information to
> troubleshoot a problem.

the joke is that not understanding basic onformations don't mean they
aren't there

so what about revert all the nonsense you did after your conclusion
sstemd is lying about the network state and review how you tried ot
order stuff after networking which you pretty sure simply did wrong

> Cron was replaced with a more complex system
> that does not work as expected.

completly unrelated nonsense besides that it works and you can still use
crond like 20 years ago if you like