[systemd-devel] Antw: Re: confusing message "systemd[1]: nss-lookup.target: Dependency Before=nss-lookup.target dropped"

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 10:34:04 UTC 2020

15.01.2020 10:14, Ulrich Windl пишет:
> Nachricht <a84b6282-31bb-7677-01fb-e46a39ac9a85 at gmail.com>:
>> 14.01.2020 10:57, Ulrich Windl пишет:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I see the message
>>> systemd[1]: nss-lookup.target: Dependency Before=nss-lookup.target dropped
>>> several times, wondering:
>>>
>>> Does it say "nss-lookup.target" has a dependency "Before=nss-lookup.target"
>
>> that was dropped, or is the first argument simply the wrong unit being
>> displayed? It's systemd 228 of SLES 12 SP4.
>>>

>> this is private SUSE patch so wrong list. But if you want to fix it -
>
> Why is this the wrong list? I want to understand what's going on inside
> systemd.

This message is result of downstream patch; generator that adds this
dependency is using private configuration file unrelated to systemd. So
nothing is going on inside systemd and unless you hit someone familiar
with SUSE code base you also won't get information on upstream list.

https://github.com/openSUSE/systemd/blob/SLE12/src/insserv-generator/insserv-generator.c