[systemd-devel] Failed to determine supported controllers: No such process

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jan 21 18:02:12 UTC 2020

Am 21.01.20 um 18:39 schrieb Lennart Poettering:

>>> well, it's not that easy because after change it from 2 to 1 the newly
>>> upgraed VM is *toast* meaing no network and even TTY login times out
>>>
>>> well, after hunt some food i will try to mount the system vdisk on a
>>> differnt guest and comment out that block :-(
>>
>> yeah, set it to 0 works around broken systemd in F31 while 1 makes the
>> system completly unuseable
>>
>> when something works for years and stops to by update a single component
>> you should refrain from call everything else broken, it's fire for the
>> systemd-haters everywhere
>
> This has been discussed so many times.
>
> Like here:
>
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/13333
>
> or here:
>
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/12955
>
> or here:
>
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/11300#issuecomment-450857717
>
> or here:
>
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2941#issuecomment-211542313
>
> I mean, I am sorry you didn't get the message about it, but this has
> been discussed plenty times. It always was broken at various places,
> and it continues to be. Maybe you didn't run into it, but it's nothing
> we can support.

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2941#issuecomment-211542313

perfect example

# allow group 'proc_allow=4502' additionally to root

[root at testserver:~]$ cat
/etc/systemd/system/systemd-logind.service.d/hidepid.conf
[Service]
SupplementaryGroups=4502

[root at testserver:~]$ ls
/etc/systemd/system/systemd-logind.service.d/hidepid.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 35 2018-07-26 18:53
/etc/systemd/system/systemd-logind.service.d/hidepid.conf

i am not that dumb as you may think but taht is no excuse the extend the
problems and the to be frankly dumb "user manager" stuff introduces more
problems than it ever solved

it's not cool at reboot to have that crap hanging around and blocking
shutdown when it's lingered to reduce the log garbage

there is no sane reasosn that user X has any information of process Y
from a differnt user until it's root and anything expecting that to be
true is broken by design

when we are at it: prefix the crap here with something unique so i can
get rid of it from rsyslog as millions of other stuff nobody but
upstream developers cares

Jan 21 18:59:03 testserver systemd[1]: session-3.scope: Consumed 1h
15min 23.941s CPU time.