[systemd-devel] homed, LUKS2 passphrase encoding, and recovery key

Pascal patatetom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 09:41:32 UTC 2020

could cryptsetup be "insensitive" to the configured keyboard layout and
adopt/toggle the US/ASCII layout ?
as the physical keys on the keyboard do not move ;-), the end user would
enter the password he wants and cryptsetup would only receive ASCII
characters...
let's say I use "zézé" (french keyboard) as a password : well for me, as an
end user, changing context doesn't change anything, I always press the same
keys [Z] and [é2~] and I always think my password is "zézé", but the
password that protects my data is in fact w2w2.