[systemd-devel] SSL_connect fails on systemd socket

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 14:16:46 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 3:14 PM Tiwari, Hari Sahaya <
hari-sahaya.tiwari at hpe.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response.
>

> Yes the server program need not bind and listen because systemd socket
> will do that.
>

> On “Accept=True” parameter, here the requirement is that systemd should
> accept the connection and handover it to server.
>

> My query was on post the connection accept by systemd.
>
> Once the regular connection is accepted, client does SSL_connect over same
> fd to establish SSL connection.
>
> Will this SSL connect request also be handled by systemd ?

No. Systemd will never read nor write the socket – your service needs to
handle SSL handshake the same way as it normally would (mostly).

(I haven't really worked with OpenSSL, but I'm guessing you would use
`SSL_set_fd()` in this case?)

--
Mantas Mikulėnas