[systemd-devel] dev-mmcblk0p2.device delay

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jul 6 15:47:19 UTC 2020

On Mo, 06.07.20 10:41, Mohamed Ali Fodha (fodha.mohamed.ali at gmail.com) wrote:

> is it possible to remove/disable virtual unit (device units)?
> I am able to reduce boot time by commenting rules in
> 60-persistent-storage.rules such as by-path, by-id,by-label, is this change
> may have an impact?

device units appear on the initial transaction only if some service
has a dependency on them, i.e. actively needs them for something (most
likely: for mounting them after they appear).

The "systemd" udev tag decides whether a .device unit is synthesized
in systemd for a udev device. But if you drop that for a device and a
service has the dependency on it anyway then this will just mean it
will wait forever for it, because it never shows up then anymore.

Lennart Poettering, Berlin