[systemd-devel] Seccomp allow/log action

Chris PeBenito chpebeni at linux.microsoft.com
Wed Jul 8 14:47:32 UTC 2020

I would like to implement a unit option that would make the seccomp action
SCMP_ACT_LOG so that I can test SystemCallFilter settings without killing the
services, like SELinux permissive mode.

I was reading this github issue about seccomp actions from last year:

While it mentioned other actions, it was mainly about changing the kill action
to kill the process rather than just the offending thread.  There wasn't a solid
conclusion about how allow/log actions would work in terms of unit options.  I
figure one option is adding a new option like SystemCallFillterAllow=bool that
would conflict with SystemCallFilterErrno. If true it would set SCMP_ACT_LOG for
the action.  Having a setting for SCMP_ACT_ALLOW seems redundant since it's
equivalent to commenting out the SystemCallFilter option since there's no logging.

Is there a preference to how the config options would work?

--
Chris PeBenito