[systemd-devel] systemd-udevd.service cannot start, core dump

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jun 13 08:42:40 UTC 2020

Am 13.06.20 um 10:15 schrieb Ed Strong:
>> and how old is your systemd that it still contains " -- Support:
>

> Installed version is 245.6-6
>
>> sounds like some borked glibc update
>
> Indeed but I have already tried reinstalling and downgrading glibc to a several month old version but with no difference :(

well, you can't downgrade and upgrade glibc as you like

the error pretty obvious shows a packaging problem and so take it to a
arch mailing-list
they have to assure that packages are linked against the same glibc as
in the repos
and honestly they have to invest in QA and their packaging

fedora rpm packages won't allow install a glibc build which is not
compatible with othr packages or packages not compatible with the
installed glibc