[systemd-devel] dev-mmcblk0p2.device delay

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 09:22:00 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 11:30 PM Mohamed Ali Fodha <
fodha.mohamed.ali at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed that mounting partition takes more time on yocto thud regarding
> rocko.
> I checked the dev-mmcblk0p2.device in my case using systemd-bootchart.
> Is there any reason why this mouting delay was increased?

Either the kernel takes longer to *detect* the device in the first place
(maybe partition scanning became slower?), or you have added udev rules
which take a long time to be processed. There is no hardcoded mounting
delay within systemd itself.

> Where the dev-mmcblk0p2.device comes from? I am not able to locate it in
> /lib/systemd/system, any help on this please?

.device units are virtual units which represent the state of udev database.
The unit shows up whenever the kernel informs udev about a new device, but
it only gets marked as "active (plugged)" when udev's rule processing for
that device finishes.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas