[systemd-devel] Ask some questions about overlay+/dev/mtdblock?

www ouyangxuan10 at 163.com
Mon Mar 2 09:01:14 UTC 2020

If after uninstalling block4 and block5, I don't want overlay to have direct access to block4 or block5, what should I do?

thanks,
Byron

At 2020-03-02 16:21:17, "www" <ouyangxuan10 at 163.com> wrote:

Dear all,

Systemd is used in the embedded system. and some mounting information is as follows:

dev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=221372k,nr_inodes=55343,mode=755)
sys on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)
/dev/mtdblock4 on /run/initramfs/ro type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/mtdblock5 on /run/initramfs/rw type jffs2 (rw,relatime)
cow on / type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=run/initramfs/ro,upperdir=run/initramfs/rw/cow,workdir=run/initramfs/rw/work)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)

I have a question, why can overlayfs directly save the information in block4 and block5 (such as the running information of SYSTEMd) after I uninstall block4 and block5 with umount command?
Who knows why, or gives some advice?

thanks,
Byron