[systemd-devel] sd-daemon documentation clarification

Łukasz Niemier lukasz at niemier.pl
Mon Mar 2 11:38:38 UTC 2020

`man 3 sd-daemon` states that `SD_*` prefixes works with `stderr` logging:

> These prefixes are intended to be used in conjunction with stderr-based logging as implemented by systemd.

But only if `StandardError=` is set to one of `journal`, `syslog`, or `kmsg`. Does that mean that these prefixes do not work with `StandardOutput=journal`?

I am writing Erlang logger integration and I am just curious if I should force user to use `stdandard_error` output or it could work with `standard_output` as well.

--

Łukasz Niemier
lukasz at niemier.pl