[systemd-devel] Cannot find a way to get time read from RTC during boot

Kevin P. Fleming kevin at km6g.us
Thu Mar 12 21:35:16 UTC 2020

Thanks, I agree. I could some up with something which ran timedatectl
to set the system time from the RTC, but the hwclock tool is already
there for that purpose.

I'll need to investigate why this script exits without making any
changes when systemd is running; either the authors expected some part
of systemd to read the RTC, or they expect some other service/tool to
do it.