[systemd-devel] _netdev for system root mount?

Thomas Blume Thomas.Blume at suse.com
Mon Mar 16 09:52:14 UTC 2020

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 7:07 PM Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And what is the "official" way to prevent various units required by root
>> mount from being stopped during shutdown? There could be arbitrarily
>> deep stack (NIC - iSCSI - multipath - raid - lvm - crypto - ...).
>
> https://systemd.io/ROOT_STORAGE_DAEMONS/

So, that means that the iscsi unit files in the running system are not
designated and supported for system root, right?

What about the network.service?
I guess this should be also unsupported for the network device providing system
root?

Finally, can I also conclude that the _netdev parameter as an ordering
constraint for the network block device is also not supported for system root?

Thanks Thomas

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5
90409 Nürnberg