[systemd-devel] systemd-timesyncd - use unprivileged ports

Jędrzej Dudkiewicz jedrzej.dudkiewicz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 07:15:38 UTC 2020

I don't understand your answer/information at all. I wanted to know
how to use unprivileged port with systemd-timesyncd - and I got
information that it has sane defaults. So how should I read your
answer? Is there something in systemd that still makes it insecure?
Should I add some other parameter so that source port is randomized?
Isn't it random already?

JD

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 2:50 AM Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez at opensuse.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 4:17 PM Jędrzej Dudkiewicz
> <jedrzej.dudkiewicz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, of course source port -
>
> No, you really want UDP source port randomization using whatever
> algorithm the kernel chooses to, due to security reasons.

Jędrzej Dudkiewicz

I really hate this damn machine, I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it.