[systemd-devel] Is there a way to uninstall the file system first and then stop all services?I

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Mar 31 13:46:37 UTC 2020

On Do, 27.02.20 20:39, www (ouyangxuan10 at 163.com) wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> In systend, the order of power off is: first stop all services, and
> then uninstall the file system to oldroot. In special applications,

What do you mean "uninstall the file system to oldroot"? do you mean
the switch-root operation we optionally do during shutdown if an
initrd is around that has support for that? Or what do you mean?

I cannot really parse what you are trying to say.

> if the systemd need to stop most services first (need to keep some
> services communicating with the outside world over the network),
> then uninstall the file system to oldroot, then perform special
> operations(update the system), and then stop other services, then
> turn off the system. What should I do if I want to achieve such a
> function?Are there any good suggestions?Or how do you modify the
> code for systemd?
>
> Or is there a way to uninstall the file system first and then stop all services?

Services that access the file systems cannot continue running if their
files/mounts/file systems are gone. Not sure I follow?

Lennart Poettering, Berlin