[systemd-devel] How to figure out what's causing systemd to start printing messages partway through boot?

McKay, Sean sean.mckay at hpe.com
Wed May 6 15:49:48 UTC 2020

Hi Lennart,

I've had debug logging on for a while (it's mentioned in my first email, but I concede that was rather long). Unfortunately, I will admit to not being particularly familiar with dbus or the signals I should be looking for.

Is there a direction you could point me in (either documentation, or even in the code itself) that would help me familiarize myself with them so I can follow what's happening to try to figure out what could be changing that value?

The part that I really don't understand is that the only place that I can find where the value seems to be modified is in the manager_set_show_status function. That function has a debug log in it, but when I enable debug logging, it's nowhere to be found in the journal despite the value being toggled from auto to temporary.

Cheers!
-Sean