[systemd-devel] No DHCP server is started with DHCPServer=yes

Francis Moreau francis.moro at gmail.com
Wed May 6 21:43:43 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm running systemd v245 (in the host and in the containers) and I
have 2 containers whose veth link is connected to a bridge.

One container named "c1" uses "DHCPServer=yes" and is supposed to
provide an ipv4 address to the second container "c2" but for some
reasons it seems that no DHCP server is started in "c1". At least
"journalctl -u systemd-networkd | grep DHCP" doesn't show anything
interesting although the debug logs have been enabled.

I monitored the DHCP traffic in "c1" andI could see the DISCOVER
requests sent by "c2" but no answer from "c1". So it really seems that
no DHCP server is running in "c1".

Could anybody tell me how I could make sure that no DHCP server has
been started and help me understanding why ?

Thank you.
--
Francis