[systemd-devel] Requested transaction contradicts existing jobs: start is destructive

Mark Bannister mbannister at janestreet.com
Thu May 7 16:17:42 UTC 2020

At Thu May 7 15:13:14 UTC 2020, Kumar Kartikeya Dwivedi <memxor at
gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, maybe you're mixing two issues into one. The original report was
> about session scopes failing due to a conflict of job types, which you
> should not be seeing on 219-67

Sorry if I confused the thread by mentioning systemd-run, in my
ignorance I presumed that systemd-run was doing more or less the same
as opening a new SSH session would have done inside the machinery of
systemd.  So let's forget about that for a moment, other than
recording the fact that I reproduced it once with systemd-run on
219-67.  Prior to my last response this entire thread was about one
single issue occurring when SSH sessions were opening and closing.

The original report is definitely happening on 219-67 which means that
the github issue you found is not the cause (because that patch is not
included in 219-67).  This much is for certain.

I wasn't sure how to follow your exact steps because I wasn't clear
when you wrote session-N.scope whether I was expected to replace N
with a number and if so where that number comes from?  Please confirm.

Thanks
Mark