[systemd-devel] systemd-user-sessions.service: Failed to create cgroup /system.slice/systemd-user-sessions.service: No such file or directory

Nebu Pookins nebupookins at gmail.com
Sun May 10 15:51:09 UTC 2020

Hi, I'm running an Archlinux system which recently experienced a power
outage, and now I am unable to boot into the system. Specifically, the
systemd-user-sessions service is failing with the following messages:

```
systemd-user-sessions.service: Failed to create
cgroup /system.slice/systemd-user-sessions.service: No such file or
directory
systemd-user-sessions.service: Failed at step CGROUP spawning
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-user-sessions: No such file or directory