[systemd-devel] Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.systemd1': timed out

Debraj Manna subharaj.manna at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:47:35 UTC 2020

Hi

I am using systemd 229 on Ubuntu 16.04.6.

ubuntu at platform1:~$ systemctl --version
systemd 229
+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP
+LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ -LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS
+KMOD -IDN

But sometimes when I am trying to mask a service.  I am seeing an
error like below.

systemctl mask hadoop-hdfs-zkfc.service
Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.systemd1': timed out

Can someone suggest what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Debraj