[systemd-devel] Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.systemd1': timed out

Debraj Manna subharaj.manna at gmail.com
Tue May 19 15:17:55 UTC 2020

Thanks Michael for replying and giving me the issue details.

I am trying to understand in what scenarios we may hit this issue. I
checked the issue. It states that "This can happen when the
configuration is changed and reloaded while we are executing a
service.". Can you also please explain what does configuration changed
and reloaded mean?

Does it mean doing some changes in systemd unit file and then
re-loading (via daemon-reload) it while the services are executing or
the services are active and we are trying to disable or do a mask
operation?