[systemd-devel] ssh.service in rescue.target

Phillip Susi phill at thesusis.net
Fri Nov 6 21:31:44 UTC 2020

Lennart Poettering writes:

> Are you running systemd? If so, please get rid of "killproc". It will
> interfere with systemd's service management.

I see.. apparently Ubuntu still has it around.  How does systemd handle
it?  For instance, if a user logged in and forked off a background
process, how does systemd make sure it gets killed when isolating to
rescue.target?  Does it decide that it is still connected to ssh.service
and so won't kill it when isolating?  I'd like to make sure anything
like that is killed and maybe restart sshd if needed.