[systemd-devel] systemd.automount issue: Failed to initialize automounter: Operation not permitted

Wolter HV wolterhv at gmx.de
Mon Nov 16 22:00:53 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to mount an sshfs share using systemd only, on a user level. Unfortunately, I get the following error message on journalctl:

	Failed to initialize automounter: Operation not permitted

I get that error message on journalctl after I try to start my automount via the command

	systemctl --user start home-anonymous-mountpoint.automount

Please find the full log and unit files below.

However, if I run instead

	systemctl --user start home-anonymous-mountpoint.mount

then the mount works fine.

This is the detailed log: