[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] jio is an experimental systemd-journald journal file tool utilizing io_uring

Vito Caputo vcaputo at pengaru.com
Thu Nov 26 17:47:56 UTC 2020

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 11:25:22AM +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 19:02:21 -0800
> Vito Caputo <vcaputo at pengaru.com> wrote:
>
> > I've called this program jio, pronounced "jai-oh".
>
> Silly question, but how is 'jai' pronounced?

The name is like saying the letters I O, with the J sound prefixed,
but not pronouncing the letter J distinctly like the I and O, let the
J blend into the I.  Then get a bit lazy with the separation of I and
O too so it all flows with no breaks.

A friend pointed out the similarity to the Chinese word Jiayou:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiayou

Which might actually be appropriate, considering the exploration
of io_uring performance aspect.  "Give it more gas!"

Cheers,
Vito Caputo