[systemd-devel] "Eye Of Cylon" animation no longer garbles Ctrl-Alt-F9 emergency shell ?

fox firefox at firemail.cc
Thu Oct 15 21:36:52 UTC 2020

>> It is refreshing to see that the Cylon eye is appearantly no longer
>> making the Ctrl-Alt-F9 emergency shell unusable.

while I noted that a modified systemd is quick to install, I also should
point out that a compile + install from systemd sourcecode may leave old
version parts on harddisk.
On Arch / Manjaro, journald gave me errormessages from leftover
generators.

fix: delete all files in  /usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/
then reinstall systemd via your distro’s package manager.

This reduced error messages in journald quite a bit here. several
outdated generators  could not call their libs and what not.
On some distros other than Fedora you still might want to patch out that
gimmicky "Eye Of Cylon" notifier to keep the Ctrl-Alt-F9 "emergency
shell" clean.